Undergraduate Advising: Graduation Timeline and Commencement Information
Alumni: University of Maryland Alumni Association Engineering Chapter
Join the Engineering Chapter of the Alumni Association! Graduates receive a one year FREE membership to the University of Maryland Alumni Association and become a member of the Engineering Chapter. To activate your membership go to www.eng.umd.edu/alumni and select "Join the Alumni Association."
Following these guidelines are imperative to ensure all graduation paperwork will be completed and all degree requirements will be satisfied. Ultimately, the responsibility of satisfying all degree requirements lies with the student.
The Semester in Which You Plan to Graduate
- Submit a Graduation Worksheet for the current semester. See: Fall 2016 Graduation Worksheet [pdf]. Graduation Worksheet submitted after September 12, 2016 need to be submitted with an Exception to Policy form found under Forms.
Print a .pdf copy of your u.achieve degree audit report. Video instructions on how to print your u.achieve degree audit report are available at print u.achieve audit. Please consider two-sided printing when producing the audit report.
-If completing a Minor(s), Double Major, or Double Degree, print a separate u.achieve audit report for each program.
- Apply online to graduate on TESTUDO no later than the last day of schedule adjustment of the semester in which you plan to graduate.
- Complete the online Fall 2016 Survey. You only need to attach the receipt.
- Take all completed graduation forms to the Undergraduate Advising & Academic Support Office in 1131S Glenn L. Martin Hall, no later than September 12, 2016 by 4:30pm for fall graduation.
|NOTE: Applying for your diploma or applying online to graduate on TESTUDO does not mean that you have completed your Graduation Worksheet nor does participation in the graduation ceremony automatically guarantee graduation from the university. All requirements must be fulfilled before graduation is finally certified on the transcript.|
If you have questions about the University Commencement website or the Engineering Commencement ceremony, please check the above links. If degree requirements will not be complete at the end of the semester, but you would like to participate in the ceremony for that semester, then you need to submit a Request to Participate in Engineering Commencement Ceremony form found under Forms.
Minimum Requirements for Graduation
- All degree requirements satisfied
- You MUST review your unofficial Degree Navigator audit. Please print the audit and bring any questions to your Departmental Advisor during your pre-registration meeting. General questions about CORE courses or the applicability of those courses should be directed to Undergraduate Advising and Academic Support. *If any substitutions have been made to your degree program, please make sure that your advisor has denoted those on your Degree Navigator unofficial audit online. If the audit is inaccurate, please send a detailed message including your name, UID, course, semester, and an explanation of the inaccuracy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A "C-" or better in all ENXX and CMSC courses being used in the degree. NOTE: Students whose first semester at UMCP or any other institution of higher education who matriculated in the Spring of 2005 or later are required to earn a grade of "C-" or better in all non-engineering courses.
- Minimum of 120 credits completed except for Aerospace Engineers who are required a minimum of 124 credits and the Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering program requires a minimum of 128 credits to graduate.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA and within your engineering major.
- Final 30 credits must be completed on campus, unless prior Dean's approval is received.
- Students will not be allowed to graduate with any 'I' (Incompletes) or 'NG's (No-Grades) regardless if the course is being used to satisfy degree requirements.
- All courses being used towards the degree must be taken for a letter grade./sites/default/files/images/current/forms/gradworksheet/spring2015-gradworksheet.pdf/sites/default/files/images/current/forms/gradworksheet/gradwrksht-summer2015.pdfhttps://umdsurvey.umd.edu/jfe/form/SV_bQx65abOw6LbYmV